Saturday 1 October 2011

Costumes in 'Water for Elephants'


I saw 'Water for Elephants' the other day. Although, it doesn't rank as one of my favourite films, i found it enjoyable and easy to watch. Reese Witherspoon became her character, the star attraction Marlena, perfectly, although i found Robert Pattinson a bit stale. (He was ok though!)

I loved Rosie the elephant, and i loved the scene where the circus workers erected the Big Top.

I thought the costumes were very nice. although i wasn't blown away by them. However, i just stumbled across the costume sketches by designer Jacqueline West. They are so beautiful, so for all the okayishness of the final film, i thought i would share these with you.








I really don't mean to sound like i hated this film, as i actually enjoyed it. It looked absolutely stunning! There was just something missing for me, although i can't quite put my finger on it.

Here are some stills shots for you to have a look at-









No comments:

Post a Comment