Monday 17 September 2012

Top 10 Dance Scenes of all time

Ok so it's Monday and what better way to start the week than with some dance. There's so many to choose from but here are my top 10 movie dance scenes-

The Rockefella Skank from 'She's All That'

Ok this is one cheesy cheese film without much artistic merit, but I was about 11 when this film was released and I wanted to be doing this dance!

 
 Beatnik Dance from 'Funny Face'
 
Audrey Hepburn as you've never seen her before... and I like it!
 
 
Singing in the Rain from 'Singing in the Rain'
 
To be honest every scene Gene Kelly is in is the best, but I had to pick one and this is definitely the most iconic.
 


Pulp Fiction

Well this is just super cool and that's all I need say...


You Make My Dreams Come True from '500 Days of Summer'

This is so sweet and hilarious.


Roxanne from 'Moulin Rouge'

This is the most dramatic scene ever and I get so involved in watching it.


Canned Heat from 'Centre Stage'

As a tween this was my favourite film EVER. I used to literally just watch this film everyday.

 
Beatnik Dda
America from 'West Side Story'
 
Growing up I so badly wanted to be a Shark (I still do!) Watching this I realise that I actually still know most of the moves...
 



Time After Time 'Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion'

I love this because it's weird, yet beautiful and I've never seen anything like it before.

 
Final Scene from 'Bootmen'
 
This film is seriously underated and this is a seriously amazing dance.
 

 
So there it is. My top 10 dance scenes. There were so many others to choose from but I felt these were my creme de la creme. What other dance scenes have I missed out that you like?
 



2 comments:

  1. If you ever see the Lindy Hop scene from "Hellzapoppin", your entire list will change.

    ReplyDelete