Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wandsworth's Cave of Wonders

Now when you think of all the amazing things to see in London it seems quite incredible that i am blogging about Wandsworth. Nevertheless, i feel that the Salvation Army shop on Wandsworth High Street deserves a special mention. Now i am somewhat a bit of an expert when it comes to London's charity shops; i seem to spend my whole life browsing through all the ones i see for interesting props. However, i am quite confident when i say that this one is the best. Fair enough, i doesn't have a very good selection of clothes, (In fact most of the clothes are actually hideous!) but when it comes to furniture, props, picture frames and random stuff this place is a genuine cave of wonders.
I popped in today and couldn't resist getting my camera out (Hipstmatic!) to take a few cheeky photos. Here are a few examples of what they had to offer today!









It took a LOT of self restraint on my part not to buy anything. I did succumb to one beauty though- A gorgeous dressing table stool for a mere £10! I've wanted one of these for so long but they've also been too expensive. This one is a but mucky and the fabric is a bit patchy but i love it. I'm going to give myself the mini project of renovating my new stool so that it can take the pride of pace in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment