Monday 14 January 2013

Costume Design Oscar Nominations 2013

It's that time of year again- Oscar nominations!

And the nominees for Best Costume Design are-

Anna Karenina by Jacqueline Durran
Les Misérables by Paco Delgado
Lincoln by Joanna Johnston
Mirror Mirror by Eiko Ishioka
Snow White and the Huntsman by Colleen Atwood
All the designs this year are so fantastic, it's bound to be really tough choosing a winner. I feel like I want Les Misérables to win as I absolutely adored the film, but I don't think the costumes were the best from this year. I think that Anna Karenina deserves the Oscar this year as the designs were so stylish and beautiful. Jacqueline Durran was blessed however with having to design for Keira Knightly- she could be dressed in a bin liner and make it look Oscar worthy!

Who do you think designed the best costumes this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment