Saturday 6 August 2011

Vintage Sewing Patterns


I must admit... i am a little bit addicted to Vintage Sewing Patterns. Amongst things I love the pictures and i love recreating them. However, i find that they are also an invaluable source to costume designers. Not only do they show you the cuts of vintage clothing but the envelopes have amazingly drawn coloured pictures of the finished item. Everything you need to know is there for you on a few scraps of paper. They can provide you with inspiration for when you go out costume shopping, or if time permits, you can recreate the look of the production's time period yourself.

I always trawl through ebay to see what i can find and i am quite often able to pick up some beautiful patterns for 99p. I couldn't imagine spending 99p in any better way than on a little piece of fashion history. I'm just praying for the day i walk into a Charity Shop and see a stack for sale at a bargain price!

Here are a few photos of some of the gorgeous envelopes.

















5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these! I could so wear any of these now :) they just don't make 'em like they used to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soo nice,i wouldn't mind wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, so beautiful!

    That's it! I'm learning how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these patterns, Why are todays sewing patterns not so gorgeous and glamourous .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with everyone. I have started to make my own dress from a pattern now. Vogue have a collection where they have rereleased their favourite vintage patterns. They are all so lovely and easy to get holdof in a haberdashery! x

    ReplyDelete