Thursday 8 September 2011

Back to the 1940s with 'The Polka Dots'



Sorry i haven't posted for a while. I've been so crazy working, moving house, designing and organising things i haven't had the time. So busy! I promised myself that tonight i would make the effort to blog something... so here it goes!

I thought i would show a litte bit of what i have been up to. I have just finished designing the costumes for a music promo. It's directed by Adam Coop for Angelic Films and acts as a showcase for a band called 'The Polka Dots'. 'The Polka Dots' bring you a modern twist on the legendary Andrews Sisters 1940s American close harmony trio.

This was such an amazing project for me. As you well know i have been dying to work on something period for a while. Buying more and more jeans can get really dull, so this was an absolute breath of fresh air!

The lovely ladies at the National Theatre's Costume Hire luckily managed to squeeze me in for a last minute appointment. I spent the whole day picking out LOADS of 1940s clothing. They have so much there at reasonable prices. It was absolute heaven!

Here are a selection of the stills taken by photographer Alex Ruocco. I think they all look fantastic!-





















No comments:

Post a Comment