Monday 20 February 2012

Inspirations - 18th Century Paris Bordello


I discovered this set of images whilst I was studying Theatre Design. I was researching some images to help me with Designs for 'The Slipper and The Rose', when i stumbled upon this Flickr Gallery by Jacob Appelbaum. The album consists of over 400 photos for a 18th Century Bordello party in Paris.

I literally hit jackpot and these images continue to inspire me today. At the time they were exactly what i was looking for - 18th Century with a modern and funky twist. I particularly love this gallery as I feel the photos really show the fun and debauched atmosphere of the party; a lot like what i would imagine that atmosphere of a really 18th Century Bordello to be like.

Here are some of my favourite images. I really hope they can inspire some creativity in you as well.






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment