Sunday 9 December 2012

5 favourites - Mason Jar Crafts

Source
 If you have a Pinterest account I am sure, like me, you are currently obsessed with Mason Jars. They seem to be everywhere at the moment and some of the things people are doing with them are, quite frankly, GENIUS! There's so many brilliant ideas out there. Here are my 5 favourite uses for Mason Jars so far.

1) Cocktail cup! They make cocktails look so yummy and a candy striped straw adds so much cuteness. These would be great to use for a rustic style BBQ.
Source
2) Cookie Mix in a jar. I absolutely love this idea. This would make a fantastic gift for anyone. Everyone loves to have a recipe mix in their cupboard for a lazy, indulgent day. You could make them for anything- cookies, cup cakes, brownies and the list goes on. Just remember to write the instructions on a gift tag so they know what to do!
Source
3) Place settings. I hate it when cutlery gets wrapped up in a napkin. (I don't know why, but I just do). I love this idea. It will definitely add imagination to any dinner table. I would recommend using vintage napkins for the full effect.
Source- Pinterest (no linked website attached, but I would love to know who this photo belongs to!)
4) Flower vase. I love small flower arrangements. The only vases I own are for big flowers and I sometimes use glasses for smaller arrangements. This looks so much more impressive than a pint glass!
Source
5) Sewing kit. This is another lovely gift idea, especially for anyone that is just beginning to learn to sew. Attach a pin cushion to the lid and fill the jar with all the basic equipment they could need (needles, pins, thread, buttons, scissors etc)
 
Mason jars are a bit of a fad at the moment. It's great that they are available everywhere, but not so great is that they can be a bit over priced. If you want to find some I would recommend junk shops and antique markets. I can particularly recommend The Junk Shop in Greenwich. They have a great selection of vintage jars, bottles, boxes and tins. However, if you hunt around the highstreet and price compare you can find some reasonably priced vintage style ones.
 
So that completes my top 5 favourite uses for Mason Jars, although there are so many more. I would love to know what you use yours for.

No comments:

Post a Comment