Monday 10 December 2012

Your own 'Red Cup' Christmas coffee

I don't know about anyone else, but in December it's not actually Christmas presents that seem to bankrupt me. I love to make a lot of my presents, so while it's time consuming, it doesn't actually cost that much. The thing that puts me in December debt is the Starbucks 'Red Cup' Christmas coffee. I can't get enough of them! I look forward to it all year- they are so yummy. However, you can easily find yourself paying up to £3.50 for a single coffee. 'WTF!' I hear you say, 'That's insane!'. Well you are right.

I'm usually really good at taking my own coffee with me in the morning, but with the Christmas coffee my travel mug just can't compete. Until now!

I been racking my brain trying to come up with a quick, fun DIY coffee idea for my favourite holiday and here's what I've come up with-

VINTAGE ELLE'S RED CUP CHRISTMAS COFFEE.

It's so simple to make yourself and smells so Christmassy. Here's everything you need.

A cafetiere, ground coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, red food colouring and a kettle.

Also, please note that these instructions are for a medium sized cafetiere.

Step 1) Fill your cafetiere with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 3 tablespoons of ground coffee. Fill with boiling water and leave to brew for 7 minutes or to taste.

Step 2) Once your coffee is the strength you like it, pour into a mug and add milk. I used an old jam jar for mine as I wanted to make it feel different and special. Plus a glass mug is great so you can see and appreciate the colour of your coffee!

Step 3) Add the red food colouring until it reaches the desired colour. It should be about 3 drops.

Step 4) Drink and enjoy it with a homemade cookie and a good book.

(You can add a bit of sugar as well if you like)

No comments:

Post a Comment