Saturday 8 December 2012

Easy Homemade White Chocolate and Nutella Snowball Truffles


 Well it is December afterall. Everyone needs to have at least 1 indulgent chocolatey treat over the Christmas period. So here is mine- Snowball truffles with hidden Nutella for extra yumminess! (Is yumminess a word? Probably not...) Mark my words; these are absolutely divine and so unbelievably  easy to make.


Ingredients:
200 grams of Dark Chocolate
200 grams of White Chocolate
About 1 tablespoon of butter
60ml Double Cream
100g of Nutella
tub of Cocoa Powder
vegetable oil
Greaseproof paper
a pretty plate!
 
Step 1) Put all the dark chocolate, butter, cream and Nutella into a glass bowl. Melt over a pan of water on the hob until it's all blended together and there are no lumps. Put the bowl into the fridge for about an hour until it's hardened to the consistancy of Playdough. If it goes too hard just leave it out for a while until it softens.
 
Step 2) Once your mixture is a doughy consistancy, roll it into truffle sized balls and put them on a plate. This can be a bit sticky so I recommend using some cocoa powder on your fingers to stop everything sticking together. My mixture made about 18 truffles. Put your plate into the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden a little bit more.
 
Step 3) While the chocolate balls are in the freezer, it's time to start melting your white chocolate coating. You can do this over the hob again. However, my bowl was still covered in chocolatey Nutella mix. I found the best way was to break the white chocolate into small pieces and put into a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Heat in the microwave, making sure to stir it every 30 seconds until it's smooth and completely melted. I should also mention that I used white crunch chocolate because I love it. The crunchy bits went really well with the creaminess of the truffles.
 
Step 4) Get your balls out of the freezer. Dip each one in the melted white chocolate and roll around, until it is completely covered, and place it down on the greaseproof paper. Repeat this with all the balls.
 
Step 5) Now this step is optional. I know they were meant to be snowy truffles, but when I'm in the kitchen I can get a bit carried away with random creativity. I just saw my tub of cocoa powder and couldn't resist sprinkling some over, while the white chocolate was still wet. Then I dripped my leftover chocolate over the truffles just to be fancy.
 
Step 6) Now they are almost finished! Leave them over night to set, or if you are like me, and can't wait that long to eat them, pop them back in the freezer for about 30 mins until the chocolate has hardened.
 
Step 7) Eat them or be really good and share them with friends.
 
See they couldn't be easier! I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment