Monday 27 June 2011

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain


Amelie is quite possibly my favourite film ever. Partly because i wish i was Amelie Poulain and partly because i wish more than anything that i had been creatively involved in the making of it. I love everything about this film. From the carefully handpicked props, to the colour palate, to it's moral message, to the acting. This is some of the best cinematography i have ever seen. You could take stills of so many of the shots and the pictures would deserve to hang on the wall as art. Every second of this film is carefully thought out and beutiful. 

I am completely addicted to charity shops and markets and would absolutely love to prop a film like this. In fact right now i am doing everything in my power to control my urge to cover my bedroom walls with red wallpaper.

For those of you who have not seen this film yet you MUST. It's charm is so difficult to put into words that i don't think i could do it justice. You just have to see it to believe it.

Audrey Tautou is probably my favourite actress of the moment. I am convinced that she is the only actress around at the moment that embodies everything that Audrey Hepburn did. She is talented, Beautiful, graceful and understated with an elegant style. She is the new Audrey Hepburn. I really wish that i understood French enough to be able to watch this film without the subtitles so i can focus on the details.









Right now Amelie Poulain is my biggest inspiration in life. I hope that one day i will be able to create a film as elegant as this.

4 comments:

  1. i love amelie too and agree with all your comments. I recommend watching Kiewslowski's "The double life of Veronique" and "Red" and you'll see where most of the inspiration / storyline for amelie came from. Of course Amelie is much more heartwarming and uplifting but still, watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Masha. I shall have to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete