Thursday 30 June 2011

That Green Dress we all want!



I woke up this morning and bizarrely the first thing that popped into my head was Keira Knightley's green dress from Atonement. Therefore, i thought i would stick a little bit about it in my blog.

I really didn't like the film Atonement, apart from the last 5 minutes (but i won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet!) I very rarely see films that i really don't like, but i found myself very bored throughout this one. I would like to see it again just to make sure i am not mistaken. However, I am so glad i watched it, even if just to see this beautiful dress in action.

This stunning, green dress designed by Jacqueline Durran has been voted the best movie costume of all time by Sky Movies. I wouldn't go quite as far but it is definitely the most iconic costume of the noughties.

While not being completely historically accurate the dress does it's job perfectly. I oozes of wealth and sex appeal, whilst being glamorous and timeless. If an actress wore this on the red carpet anytime from the 1920s to the present day she wouldn't look out of place. The colour, was apparently requested by the director Joe Wright, and is so striking and chosen perfectly. After seeing this dress i couldn't imagine it being any other way. Durran designed so well to suit the slim framed Keira Knightley. On her it is the pinnacle of elegance, but unfortunately on most other people would probably look quite frumpy.

Here are some pictures of the gorgeous creation.





2 comments: